Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Unknown Soldier

I'm still here, and once again, thanks to everyone who has been visiting, reading, commenting, listening and hopefully understanding. Send an email to Landofnohope@att.net if you are aware of any corrections that need to be made or just want to get in touch. If you've requested and I haven't addressed the issue, please email me once more. I will be logging in more often now to address these issues. It's been a long time, and maybe there's a chance now I can start again.

I also want to remind everyone that I don't not own much at all here in terms of the content presented, and much credit goes to all the articles, videos, album notes, individual band members, books and other materials I've run into during my research. Also much credit to the Kill Your Pet Puppy blog for inspiring me to start this blog and for providing much better content that I could ever produce. If you've enjoyed this blog, you'll love this one as well. And many thanks for the bands who've allowed me to share their music and to those who have sent me gifts.

On a side note, I noticed a blog called "gabesuk82" that has copied nearly everything on their blog almost as if trying to steal and pass as their own work. This is pretty odd and I am not sure what their intentions are.

In case you haven't figured it out, the name "Listen and Understand" comes from a title from the first demo of the band Kulturkampf. If you haven't listened to their music, please do so. I chose that name and gave it my own meaning: the disillusionment I have with the current punk scene (at least what I have experienced here in the Imperialist States of America). There is almost no focus on the message from what has been labeled as "Anarcho Punk." There are too many bands that are only in it for money and popularity, and too many people only in it for looking stylish. With this scene, there must be radical theory and radical action. These bands were anti-capitalist, and they meant it through organization and action. the type of shows that happen here have turned into mindless alcoholic drug infested rock and roll parties. This is not to say I've given up, but merely to focus on that there is a lot of work to do.

After all these years, I'm quite saddened to see that despite the recent reissues, compilations, and discography CD's coming out now, it is still difficult to find additional information on many of these bands, and many of the available downloads are disappearing and can't seem to be found anywhere else but here. This brings me to the topic of downloads. If you notice something is down, let me know and I'll look into fixing it. There is some good news from the last few years such as new discography CDs that are out now for Blood & Roses, Hagar the Womb and Reality Control.

That's all I have for now. Despite all the years, this music is still a big part of my life, and will always be. But most importantly, we have to follow the message and follow in the footsteps of the radical tradition of Anarcho Punk and it's fight against corrupt governments.

2 comments:

  1. yes that is very strange since i'm gabe and someone is using my name for there blog

    ReplyDelete