Saturday, August 6, 2011

Soft Drinks


     Soft drinks were Jon Greville on drums and Drooper on vocals from the Magits, plus Lee Grivelle on synthesizer duties who I am assuming is related to Jon. They had a very interesting sound that sounded like Rudimentary Peni and The Magits put together(Drooper was the vocalist for the Magits and Jon is the drummer for Rudimentary Peni). Their one and only record is titled 'Pop Stars in their Pyjamas' and was released on Nick Blinko's Outer Himalayan Records label(Nick also drew the cover). I decided to make a post about this band because of their close ties to The Magits and Rudimentary Peni. After the band ceased to be, Drooper and Lee disappeared, but Jon went on to continue playing drums for Rudimentary Peni.



Soon to come Downloads:

Popstars in Pajamas 1982 Outer Himalayan
http://www.box.net/shared/08jqq2m8kic1dk0tdiau
The Thing from the Crypt Compilation Tracks 1981
http://www.box.net/shared/f04f79p57d3djgc7o5kk

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.
    buy soft drinks online

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hi,
    Thanking for informative article and keep update and keep educate us
    Buy Soft Drinks Online

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. The day2day mhow is a great online grocery store in mhow which is provide fresh vegetable, fruit and branded products.

    ReplyDelete